Cigar Trivia Quiz
Compiled by Ian Pepper from various books and online sources
1) Who said If I cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go?
a) Mark Twain
c) Sigmund Freud
d) Edward VII
2) In what year was the famous Cuban Montecristo brand born?
3) What was Winston Churchills favourite cigar?
a) Romeo y Julieta Churchill, of course
b) Hoyo de Monterey Double Corona
c) Punch Punch
d) Anything he could lay his hands on
4) Who was the first cigar manufacturer to pack cigars in cedar boxes?
b) Ramon Allones
d) Henry Clay
5) Who was the first cigar manufacturer to put colourful lithographs on cigar boxes?
a) La Gloria Cubana
d) Ramon Allones
6) Hoyo de Monterrey is a very famous Cuban brand, but what is a hoyo?
a) A cigar making implement
b) A well drained dip in a field, good for growing tobacco
c) A famous house in downtown Havana
d) A Cuban term for a plough
7) A brand of cigar was specially created to mark the inauguration of Ronald Regan as US president, what is it called?
a) Lars Tetens Phat
c) Padron Anniversio
d) Casa Blanca
8) Which country imports most of Cubas cigar production?
9) Where are Royal Jamaica cigars produced?
a) Jamaica, of course
b) Dominican Republic
c) Canary Islands
10) Dunhill cigars are currently manufactured in the Dominican Republic. Were they ever produced in any other country/countries?
a) Cuba, Canary Islands
b) Canary Islands, Honduras